A project of this scale requires many carefully coordinated steps. Among them, CDOT will:
- Survey the area
- Test the soil to ensure it can support structural and roadway design features
- Assess how the proposed improvement will affect the environment
- Assess what problems the proposed improvement must solve
- Evaluate alternative remedies and develop a preferred choice for the project
- Evaluate any bridge and retaining wall plans and develop one option for further consideration
- Review the area’s accident history and assess how to make the area safer
- Analyze traffic operation and evaluate recommendations for designs
- Evaluate how proposed improvements would affect the environment and study recommendations to prevent or reduce any harmful effects.
- Prepare a Preliminary Project Development Report
- Meet with community advisory groups and the general public to discuss preliminary findings.
- Address community feedback and create the Final Project Development Report
Join our mailing list to receive email updates about the 95th Street at the UPRR Grade Separation Study.